View Single Post
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by igor View Post
This is something where the only acceptable answer should be an official statement. And Quim is the one who should be pinged.

Sometimes I see discussions on this forum that leave me perplexed: why asking questions to eachother or even try to pry them out from the poor Texrat who, like the undersigned cannot and should not make any statement that even resembles a hint or a promise.
Why? Because only few really have the whole picture and actually can give reliable info. Nokia is a company with many heads and even being deeply involved in the tablets, I don't have enough knowledge to give a good answer. So better shut up about schedule/features and try to help with factual information, for what i know.

So, boring as i might seem, the answer is always the same: ping Quim, it's his job to be informed and to be the faceman/evangelist for maemo.
Why bothering with 2nd hand info when you can go straight to the source?
I think it would be much simpler if the forum would act as a catalyst for questions and maybe even complaints (maemo related, of course, not technical support stuff).

Quim is nice enough that I think he could be persuaded to have a periodic get together or Q/A session.

Thanks once again for taking the time to answer. What i am trying to
convey is that more and more people are getting frustrated with the tablets. I know there is no limit to our expectations. But what i am talking here is about the basic functions which were advertised it could do. I spend a lot of time here on the boards and there have been numerous threads complaining of gps, os stability, video playback issues, repositories, processor maxing out when doing basic functions like pim, broken apps like the email, metacrawler bug..... and the list goes on and on. These are all advertised things which the end user takes for granted. Yeah slowly some of them have been sorted... but clearly that is not sufficient. there are a many more which are still there. I truly appreciate the hard work of the developers who work hard to make these apps.
unfotunately i am a doctor and i dont have the least bit of knowledge about linux or any thing else... but i still spend a lot of time on the forum(which i should be spending to read for my medical exams) and try to help noobs with troubleshooting.

This is just my frustration pouring out. Thats all.