View Single Post
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Unfortunately There is no other way for me to say it so I'm going to be rather frank here, what you said in the first two paragraphs is complete nonsense.

I'm not gung-ho about putting WP8 (NT) onto the Lumia, I couldn't care less for the Lumia range though I do sympathize with those who bought them, at the same time, as I already said, I don't blame them for not going back and putting NT on the current Lumia range. It would have required development time that they obviously and understandably did not deem as worth it, but lets not make any mistakes, the possibility is there.

I only wanted to set the record straight, that other reasons spreading around the internet that it isn't possible are bull, I wanted to do this before people start repeating it as fact. Since the launch of WP7 the amount of times I heard that WP7 was a complete rewrite was staggering and the amount of times that I tried to convince them it wasn't often fell on death ears. MS have a history of it, they like to muddy the waters with public statements. One other example right now: it seems it's difficult to convince people that the difference between WP7.8 and WP8 is not about one having hardware like dual-core or NFC (there are WP7 NFC phones already) yet that's what a MS statement led them to believe.

It's bull, WP7.8 could benefit greatly from native code support, those with NFC could benefit greatly from the wallet feature, they could benefit greatly from the shared Windows 8 core. Yet by that starting line alone people think that WP7.8 is basically WP8 only without NFC or dualcore. You will see it repeated everywhere I'm sure. It will be hard to convince these people that this is not the case too because often they don't understand the technical side of the discussion so to them it becomes a matter of who to trust only.

"MS + Random commenter #1 vs Random commenter #2"

they often pick (MS+random commenter #1) then they themselves become random commenter #1 in another thread repeating everything they heard.
There has been no spread reasoning about this. Everyone in the computing community knows NT cannot be squeezed onto an embedded C machine, can't be done, not on embedded C. This has been known for years, from every version of embedded c, NT, etc. This is NOT new news.

It is unfortunate that this was not explained to Lumia owners, but without this change in platform, there would be even more fragmentation across the boards...not there is isn't fragmentation. Look, you call it bull, fine, but know that this is not some epiphany, NT and embedded C were NEVER compatible within machines, all embedded machines are not able to take NT due to way too many conflicts.

I understand that you are very upset about this, but it has been known for years on all versions.