View Single Post
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Poland, Tricity
Thanks. I've tried to dig around for sound initialization (alsa/pulse), but eventually gave up. There seem to be to much to it.

I poked vibration a bit but didn't had too much luck. I did found hid-twl4030-vibra module which seem to be used in various places, but just loading it didn't work. Maybe some of my findings will help you:
  • There are some *.ivt files on N9 which seem to be files for vibration. Haven't found a way to "play" them.
  • There are some rules for udev that seem to be vibration related in: "/etc/udev/rules.d/92-n770.rules".
  • /sbin/immvibed uses vibrations heavily, but have no idea how to use it even when the MeeGo system is fully loaded. If you'll look in the file you'll notice that there seem to be a dependency on "/dev/input/vibra" which is not available in preinit phase.
  • Also it seems vibrations where made by Kurre from Nokia. Maybe you could contact him and he would be kind enough to help? :-)

Anyway for now I gave up on both (sounds and vibrations). I'm going for a different approach and using image feedback. It almost works as I expect but sometimes I need to rub the screen rather then just hold my finger. Don't know why this happens. Maybe you could have a look (attached tar with all files)?
Attached Files
File Type: tar sillyboot2_touch.tar (150.5 KB, 67 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eccenux For This Useful Post: