View Single Post
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Jacksonville, FL
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
The UI on Maemo is AMAZING. It is outdated and lacking though. It needs voice recognition, spell checking, real support for portrait mode (not hacks), and just a few other tweaks. It is still arguably the best mobile OS ever made by man. However it was killed, the source was not released, it will not be updated, there will be no evolution, and applications will be minimal.

If you have a Facebook I can bet you bottom dollar I can get more done with an iPhone 4S/Android 4.0 device on FB than you can using a N900 (I know this to be true because I am the guy with the N900 right now). I wish that was not the case, but it is.

There is really no debate the Maemo 5 is by far the best mobile OS out there. But it is outdated and abandoned.

I used spell check >10 times while writing this.
xxxxtx, I had the N900 for 2 years and then felt the need to move on(I will always keep it and cherish it though). Which I did but personally nothing compares to the N900. I tried a friend's ICS and just didn't like it. I tried my girlfriend iPhone 4S and oh boy I disliked. Yes, they both have a tons of app but even now that I have the N9 with limited amount of apps, I barely use any but wouldn't have minded some that are unavailable (whatsapp, wordswithfriend, pandora, netflix, shazam)! Anyway, from what I can read, you need to get the iPhone! Just don't expect to overly thrilled. There are no device that will satisfy all your needs out there, and you will just have to settle for the least evil if I may say.

Of course, all this is subjective! Good luck