View Single Post
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Cool story bro

Well all the industry spec is that he's going for Android, can't recall whether he's specifically said anything like that himself, think he may of at least once already.*
But hopefully Sailfish is at least being looked at closely now, & I hope it becomes a important part of the portfolio, if not the primary part...

*hence all the "pee in your pants" jokes, something he once famously said about Android.
I have not followed Vertu much but the little I know about them is that they have private investors(from wikipedia) and theyr focus has been "low volumes" and "luxery mobile" and as we know it was a Nokia owned company.

To me it looks more logical step replace symbian with Meego/QT if they plan to differentiate, luxery == higher prices == hype it. Also if its exnokia people they already has more knowhow in Symbian+QT/C++/C and Meego than Android/Java.

Going Android route is just as stupid as Nokia going WP for them. They would ust be another Android company.

They probadly not intrested in big volumes instead theyr intrests seems to be differentiate and have high price tags to hype up the company. And with Meego combination its more logic IMHO. Second I dont thinks those consumers buying those luxery highprices devices is intrested in 1000000 buggy android apps anyway...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-10-21 at 14:34.