View Single Post
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Given the pattern of pre-order and delays, it's reasonable to assume that the trouble with the next financial round started around September time. The extra pre-ordered were sold to increase the size of the production batches and save costs. These people took a huge risk to try to make Sailfish work - of course they meant to deliver at the time they were sold. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise unless they specifically meant to attack these guys.

Please remember that the alternative to all these claims of fraud is that a bunch of people are on the brink of bankrupcy after having their funding pulled. Everything they've built over the last few years, even a decade for some, could come tumbling down. Imagine how it must feel to see a bunch of your supposed fans rant on the internet about how you always intended to rip them off. Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

If the money does come in, that the tablet deliveries get priority over the refunds mentioned in that last blog post. Tom should have to wait at the back of the queue to get his $242 off George Bailey.
Thank you for your comments, as a Privateer for Jolla, who has been with the company from the beginning. If it came down to a choice of being paid or shipping tablets to you guys. I'd choose shipping the tablet out every time. I am also sure I wouldn't be the only sailor that would say that.

It is indeed hard listening to some of these scathing remarks and not being able to give much reassurance. I can however say that everyone in Jolla has been trying their hardest, despite financial difficulties, to make the tablet product the best we can. And what everyone really needs is your understanding, support and compassion. It's these characteristics we thrive on, which we do get from the majority of the community, and is needed to drive us forward, no matter how stormy the seas may be.

The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post: