View Single Post
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
It's two million sold, they didn't say how many activations.
I don't really trust google's activation numbers anyways, their store shows my tablet twice (I guess the ICS rom I installed did something weird) and my mp3 player runs android too so apparently I have 2-3 android activations without ever owning an android phone.

You can look at how many people use the wp7 facebook app to estimate activations. It's not looking good honestly, it was at 1.1 million in mid november, now it's at 1.7 million. The guy that wrote that artice says it's double the rate before Nokia came along, but still. Slow.
I think all these numbers (including the 1.5 million N9 numbers) that NOK talked about represent the phone they manufactured and possibly sold to retailers not actually customers.

The WP number is simply awful, in comparison N9 has 10% (210k) the number of active users. After today's news I kind of given up any hope on Meltemi and so-called future disruption. Before any disruption happens, NOK will destruct itself first.

Let's just say NOK has been trying too hard to protect their WP efforts and set really low price point for their next billion devices. And unfortunately the longer it takes them to fine tune the hardware, the more pressure they have on the target devices due to strong competitions. Even launching the next billion devices in Nokia World will not likely help... oh by the way I think NOK PR will enjoy this year's Nokia World: Appollo devices for high-end, next billion for low-end. Likely similar strategy for tablet........

It all sounds like great strategy on paper, isn't it?