Thread: MeeGo is da Man
View Single Post
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by jsa View Post
I think you're mixing UX with the technologies the UX is done with (UX vs UX framework, the result vs the tools). I'm quite sure Nokia's real MeeGo devices will have pretty much the same UX as the Harmattan N9. Nokia isn't discouraging developers developing for that UX, they're encouraging developing for that UX with a more future proof and cross-platform tools. Just speculation, but I find it hard to believe that they'd scrap all MTF and Orbit applications they've already done. I think the plan would be to maybe migrate them to Qt Quick while already using that for new development.

What you refer to as Intel MeeGo is the vanilla MeeGo(it's the same on Intel and ARM). It's even worse on the Aava(x86 reference handset) than it is on the N900 at the moment. N900 is the only device with MeeGo where you can do a phone call at the moment.
You are probably right. But I think a big error Nokia does all the time is communication. They never communicate clearly. It is a mix of plans and hopes and pure speculations, and when the time comes to deliver, they change and say; "What we really meant, and has meant all along, is .... " To be obscure is OK if you actually deliver and is succesful, but being obscure and never deliver as promised is a very very bad sign, the sign of no control. This is happening again and again with Nokia.

So it is a change of direction, why should we believe it, and why shouldn,t we believe that what they actually mean this time is something different?

Maybe the US bloggers have been correct all along. Maybe Nokia doesn't have what it takes anymore?