View Single Post
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
there is a bunch of Nokia investors, competitors, analysts and media seeking that information as well. I guess nobody expects me to come up with the answers (even if I would have them, which is not always the case) here with Quote & Reply in some thread. No company in the league Nokia plays does that.
Ah, now I see the "magic way", to drop from league-leader into almost-bankrupt state. Don't use common-sense and hide most important answers from investors, analysts, competitor, own customers, employers, and everyone else - acts instead as ADHD, changing "tactic" every few months, of course to fool competitors That's a good start of professional suicide.

Still, I must agree with You, that it seems to be common trend amongst companies from "this league" - for both "we won't tell You" and "heading to bankrupt" aspects
---

100% seriously though, I don't want You to get Nokia shirt and start defending Your employer, so going back on-topic:

Where we would like to know definite answers from Nokia? almost everywhere. Lets take simplest, and least-demanding thing from this thread - ivgalvez's proposition's part 4 - renaming. Actually, is it needed? It depends - if Nokia is going to fulfill own old promises about handling Maemo trademark to community, Maemo can become synonym for "Open Mobile" initiative. If Nokia is willing to hold Maemo name tight and take it to grave, we indeed should rename.
---

Of course, it was just simple example, there is much more than that. Some time ago, You (qgil) requested info about "promise" made by Nokia. You were given sources - ironically, it turned out to be quote from You. From that time, we haven't received single comment about this issue (from You as Nokia employee, this time) - not even "I'll check current status".

I know that there are many important things going on - like Community OBS and it's licensing - but it doesn't make other things less important. It's hard to plan such wide-scope things, like started by You in this thread, without knowing anything more than "Nokia is commuted on paying bills" .

I've said this in the past, and I'm going to repeat it - we're very grateful (without any irony) for paying bills, and it's indeed helping much. But paying bills isn't everything, and definitely, it shouldn't stop us from deciding, which whom we want to sleep.

/Estel

// Edit

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Quim, I would have pointed out the many threads containing the community's debates on the future of maemo during the previous year when you were not the Nokia representative, with which I and several other council canditdates are quite familiar. Some of the same stuff is being rehashed.
Yea, so called "Future of Maemo" threads. How many of those we've had? Ten?

I must admit, that this one is more constructive (well, we have someone to discuss with from Nokia side - no matter, if he talks as employee or as Community member - which couldn't be said about marias non-existing involvement...), but half of things is indeed rephrased.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-05-02 at 16:46.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: