View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nad6234 View Post
I've had a few problems when I've not been receiving SMS txt messages. it's been intermittent but I have new narrowed it down to those that contain any Emoji symbols in them. i need seem to get them. i've also checked the events db and the message isnt in their either. has anyone else come across this?
Oh, it's probably the same problem I discovered on N9 while back.

Handling of the emoticons charset generated by Lumia range of devices, for example, fails in the receive/decode phase of the message and processing is aborted.

Why this is really bad is because the sender of the SMS gets the network confirmation that the message has been succellifully delivered, but the receiver never sees a trace of the message...
(well there is a syslog entry saying "cellular: csd[653]: SMS-lib .648529> utils_tpdu_data_parse(): Error decoding TPDUs. Discarding message" ... but a normal user would never look into syslog anyway!)

This breaks the trust paradigm of SMS, the undeniability of receiving a message.

Funny thing is, this was discovered/reported when N9 was still under maintanance but it was never corrected, even though it violates the 3GPP specification on charater message processing...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: