View Single Post
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
Very true. To push things back to the topic I'll copy-paste what I have to say about the matter from MeeGo forums:
okay, last digression about N900 running MeeGo on a... MeeGo thread.
on a N900 forum.
obviously strikes me as a capital crime, no question asked

dd.ed mg-handset-armv7nhl-n900-ce-stable-1.2.0.90.11.20110728.1.DE.2011-08-01.1-mmcblk0p.raw.bz2 to a mmc
WIP, indeed.
wasn't able to get wi-fi working (have a psswd which is a little more complicated then the 1st girl-friend or pet's name so just typing it in isn't an option; was able to SMS it, but cut & past doesn't work, thus...)
3G is available, but network set up does not seem to work
but could also be the fact that i use a pre-pay SIM in the secondary device.
bottom line being that i'm unable to install anything.

considering that dd.ing the mmc is fairly easy, i'll give it another try as soon as a new stable release is available, but 'til then...

thanks for your time!

EDIT: had a doubt whether Ctrl+C was implemented, so decided to give it another try w/ Ctrl+X
turned out that before i had a chance to do that, a pop up suddenly appeared after i had selected the proper text offering either Copy or Cut
it is not consistent, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't but, well, Cut / Copy / Paste are available
then, Settings didn't want to open so rebooted & opened that 1st, praying that SMS would still, Copy / Cut still pop up...
did, but the connection doesn't work, nonetheless

Last edited by misterc; 2011-08-08 at 12:05.