View Single Post
Hey zehjotkah, I had the same query as nicolai I think what you're proposing is that the new rule ("New rule: just new apps allowed, no updates to existing apps") applies to the existing 9 categories, ie.

- Business & Office
- Games
- Desktop (Widgets)
- Fun & Strange
- Graphics & Multimedia
- Location & Navigation
- Network & Communication
- System & Utilities
- plus one Beginner Prize possible from any category

and any other category(s) that might be introduced later - except for the special category for updates ("Best update to existing app").

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
just new apps allowed in every category despite category "Best update to existing app".
In that case, I'd suggest 'except' is maybe a clearer word than 'despite' to use. Or I might have it all wrong

The only risk to the 'new apps only' rule is that it's sure to cut down the number of entries, so there may be too many categories. It would look bad if there were lots of categories but only a few entries in each.

I'd miss the "Fun & Strange" category if it went, even though it's not often over subscribed with entries it does raise some gems and a few smiles - who can forget rmerren's entry 'Old School' (Old School for n900) or helex's entry 'N900 X-Ray' (N900-X-Ray - this will convert your N900 into a hi-resolution mobile X-Ray unit) lol We definitely need to keep a place somewhere for the eccentric side of maemo.org, even if it's just a catch-all 'others' category

I think that N900 X-Ray thread is one of my favorites on maemo.org And this follow up thread n900 xray is it real??? too .. in fact maybe we should have a category where the winner is the application that generates the best threads with the most ridiculous replies

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
We have a wiki-page: http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_coding_competition_2012
And our first donation pledge to the community bounty

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_codi...ity_Prize_Fund

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-05-24 at 11:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: