View Single Post
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Spent the better part of the last couple days getting this working for my own use, figured I might as well share. I've compiled the latest Enlightenment Foundation Libraries+Elementary+Python Bindings for Harmattan so I can use my python applications on my Nokia N9.

The first thing I've created a package for is my eAndora Pandora Radio player:

You can download a tarbal with all of the .debs needed to install eAndora from here. Simply extra the .deb files and then in a terminal navigate to the extracted files and run as root:

Code:
dpkg -i *.deb
apt-get -f install
After those finish you should have a eAndora launcher.

One niggle I haven't worked out yet is getting the on screen keyboard to work with EFL applications. This means you can't log into Pandora using the GUI. Thankfully I'm lazy and store the login in raw text. To login simply create the file ~/.config/eAndora/userinfo

On its first line put the email address you use to log into Pandora. On the second line put your password.

Launch eAndora from the launcher and you should be good to go.

If you know how to call the N9 keyboard or interface with it's audio via python please let me know!

Keyboard Workaround: Even if we can't bring the keyboard up, we CAN enable a long press to paste text into text entry fields. Open the elementary config launcher and select profiles at the top. Under available profiles select mobile and then press the use button at the bottom. This will allow you to long press in any text field to bring up a "paste" option.

Cheers,
~Jeff Hoogland

Last edited by Jef91; 2014-02-14 at 00:02.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jef91 For This Useful Post: