View Single Post
Originally Posted by danzo View Post
to 1): I found Irrlicht and minetest with all it's depencies precompiled for armel on the debian server.
source: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/main/minetest
I installed everything manually because the depencies couldn't be installed through apt-get
to 2): first I tried it through lxde, but as I said the performance isn't like it should. then I tried it through chroot via terminal but when it opens the main window it doesn't show anything in it.

ps: sorry if I misled some, but I'm not a developer. But if I am able to help in any way, I am willing to help
Oh, I see. Well, we're going to have to compile both Irrlicht and Minetest from source because the Irrlicht in the Debian repos (and thus the Minetest compiled against it in the repos) doesn't have the OpenGL ES renderer enabled (it's in a separate branch of the Irrlicht source tree). Without the OpenGL ES renderer, it has to fall back to the software renderer (which simply isn't practical on our embedded hardware, and that's probably what you were seeing when you ran it in the Debian LXDE).

The Following User Says Thank You to Applesaws For This Useful Post: