View Single Post
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Time for speculations!

I read a tweet from our well known Eldar Murtazin @eldarmurtazin about the upcoming MWC:

Bravo&applause (without any kind of irony) - Nokia did a really smart move to mass market. Reading MWC materials - more info soon...
Not very spectacular. But if you know Eldar, you know he acts like a Nokia hater and it is not a big secret he favours Android and especially Samsung. Haven't read anything positive from him about Nokia the past 2 years. Or have I missed anything?

So, what could a Nokia hater and a Android supporter consider a "smart move" for the mass market?

Moreover I wonder what it could be after I read last week that Nokia has axed all Symbian device development except a single device. A successor for the N8.

Eldar difficult relationship began with a withering review of a early N8 prototype. So I'm sure he wouldn't consider any kind of symbian device a smart move. Perhaps he meant the earlier death of symbian with "smart move"?

Hardly to believe. Perhaps the Meltemi platform made a good progress?

But since Eldar also don't like Harmattan, why should he name Meltemi a clever move?
Perhaps excepting Nokia has finally integrated a android application emulator like alien-dalvik into their mass market meltemi devices. In this case our android fanboy Eldar would see support for his child in a Nokia device.

Am I right with my thought experiment?

Or would Eldar selling the smartphone division to Microsoft call a smart move? No, not for Nokia. Also Eldar wouldn't selling WP7 and WP8 devices in the low end market (below 50$) smart. Or judge I his mindset wrongly?
Attached Images

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post: