View Single Post
Two questions:

1) Do normal map tiles 'expire'? It'd be ideal if the app could check whether tiles were up to date if they're older than a certain age and still being used, though if that isn't possible just having an option to flush them after a year or so would be good.

2) Don't copy-on-write filesystems have terrible performance for databases? I read older versions of BTRFS were notorious, and Sailfish has an oldish one...

I'm wondering whether creating a subvol without COW for the maps, or perhaps just tuning down the write frequency massively in the config file might help performance (not sure I'm brave enough to try the former - and I'm certainly not suggesting anyone else should, unless they know what they're doing...)

Love the app, but hitting some weird problems on sqlite where it seems to refuse to load tiles it has clearly loaded before. Still, I realise it's early days yet for the port. I'll try to capture some debug output if I can.

(p.s. sorry if these have been answered. I read 20 - 30 pages of the thread, didn't see anything)

Last edited by MikeHG; 2015-08-11 at 17:31.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post: