View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
HI , I'm a user Nokia N900 .I have problem with starhash software. I made clear device before 1 week , but when I wanted to use the codes I saw the program not work .so I tried to reinstall the program but it's write ( No file ! nothing to uninstall ) please can you help me
Sorry, there's a minimal flaw in starhash enabler, when dealing with exactly this situation. Deinstallation shouldn't abort but rather succeed anyway, so even when there's "nothing to uninstall" the package manager nevertheless would consider the starhash package to be removed successfully rather than keeping it.

Probably the easiest fix is you go to dialer menu -> screen rotation, then do some change there, and click "save". This should create the missing file, and uninstalling / reinstalling should work then.

If this doesn't work for you:
For a quick temporary fix to get things onto rail again, please open xterm and issue the following 3 commands:
Code:
echo -e "[supplementary]\nssc=1\n" >/home/user/.osso/call-ui.ini
root
killall -9 rtcom-call-ui
If you don't have rootsh package installed so the cmd `root` would fail with some error message, you alternatively can remove battery after first echo command, though that's something I definitely can not recommend.

Anyway after doing that, you should find starhash enabler functionality being re-established. No need to re-install the package, though of course you can do anytime.

If you want to avoid running into this trouble, you may uninstall starhash package prior to resetting / flashing / deleting the file call-ui.ini by any other means.
I'll eventually update the package to fix this problem.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

/jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2011-07-31 at 16:16.