View Single Post
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by slender View Post
So you are basically suggesting that N900 modest should close those notification messages when it checks (after interval from settings) for new mail again and finds that messages is read(or inverse = not anymore unread), but notification window is open.
I am suggesting that at the send/receive intervals, there should be a check not only for new messages but that if the currently notified messages have been read elsewhere, and flagged as read, that the notifications should disappear

Originally Posted by slender View Post
What do you mean by notification has been seen and message should be flagged up? Itīs still unread.

.edit
Letīs be specific:
What do you mean by notification?w
- Blue light
- Popup window
- Inside application
If I have 3 unread messages in my inbox, and i get the standard 3 new emails notification (what i called a "popup window"), what i am saying is that this should in theory disappear if the three messages are read by another client and no longer marked as unread on the server.

As it stands, if the notification "popup window" is closed, but the messages are not read, they "disappear" from the phone until one enters the email application and checks.

Example - I get an email, get the notification "popup", close the notification popup without reading the email (just looking at who its from and deciding not to read it now) and am not reminded ever again that that message is still unread, until i delve into the email application.

(Blue light = Blue flashing notification LED on front of N900.)

Essentially, the send/receive only checks for new email and not read/unread status, is what I am saying. Which from my perspective seems to be a bit of a short-sighted way of getting notifications, in these days of IMAP and IDLE.