View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Its only a nice idea; there is zero technical details from what I see hence the possibility of this working out is close to nil IMO... Its ridiculously over-simplifying things to show, for example, a user being able to change his processor connected to the base with just 2 pins...

To do something modular would require much work so I don't see big companies being seriously interested in their "plea" campaign...
Very valid points, and I suppose I should clarify that my hypothetical money flinging would have been preceded by more in-depth research and making sure they had some relatively good idea of how to make it happen, etc. And I completely agree that their presentation is oversimplified.

Still, the more hardware manufacturing improves the more it becomes possible to have reasonably good hardware in small sizes. Granted, lately the fad has been to use that extra smallness to make pancake/crepe phones which are at least in my book annoyingly wide and annoyingly flat, but I suspect that trend will only go so far.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: