View Single Post
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
My motivations are curiosity, will to learn, not wanting to give up but to learn to fix. But I have this problem: something is preventing me from starting to learn linux from the start (I have linux guides but just can't read them). And because I don't have any basic knowledge (not knowing what are apt proc var lib bin etc. and what is their place in the system, what for they are) I don't understand any information for help unless it is in the form

"First open xterm. Write sudo gainroot (was so annoyed before when with different systems people just say "go root" without telling how), write this line which does this. Then go to another directory this way and write this line which makes this to happen."

So this is my situation. I understand that this may be really annoying for everyone else - except for the one guy who is in flames if he gets the opportunity to teach linux to a newbie! So I have asked now help in hope there would be that kind of a person who genuinely is in flames if he gets to help and explain things to a guy who don't know basic knowledge.

I don't expect anyone else to help me the way I need. Why? Because it takes time and if explaining linux stuff to someone who don't understand easily is not your thing - the thing you want to spend your time, maybe even hunt for these situations - you will be annoyed with me and that I don't want.

I wait for a while if there would be this kind of a person. Others do not bother. If there isn't I just reflash which is fine.

If someone wonders why I think there could be this kind of guy I described, it is because I am that guy on another field of information and also with linux as far as I have learned to use it: ready to use time to explain in detail cause my main goal is to get the other person to really understand what I mean and why and how something works. But not hoping anyone who is not that kind of a person to try to be. It will not be of any fun for either side.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-08-18 at 07:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: