View Single Post
My viewpoint is that run whatever you want on the N900. Android, Meego, Maemo, this thing, even iPhone OS if you could get it working. I don't care, InternetTabletTalk's point was never dedicated solely to Maemo. Heck we even had Ubuntu working in a rudimentary way on the n800/n810. My favorite thing about the n800 was the fact I could run KDE on it thanks to penguinbait and everyone.

But don't expect others to do the work for you if you really want X. Developers here have different interests, and different motivations so don't think that you can just demand whatever you want around here. You can ask nicely, but if the answer is no, not interested, or no response then there's not much you can do. If you really want it then you can find a developer interested in

a) whatever you want
b) whatever money your willing to pay to do it
c) learn how to program and do it yourself (although some developers may not be interested in what your working on, there are quite a few people on here that are willing to help you learn, answer questions, or even take a look at what you've written and suggest improvements)

Heck, my own personal dream for the N900 is to be able to dual boot as necessary. Boot into a Maemo/dedicated desktop OS for desktop like work. And boot into say Android or whatever for whenever I need a smartphone.

Edit: This post may not really fit in here, but it was partially influenced by what I've seen other posters write in other threads. Like "if they weren't planning on finishing it they shouldn't have done it in the first place".

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...