Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5+Harmattan Maemo6] Fremantle and Harmattan QtSDK and scratchbox VM
View Single Post
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Because of the mess of the shutdowned servers we have loss in some packages releated to the QtSDK and a situation which it is not easy to set up new development environment.

Therefore I created from an old debian lenny laptop with scratchbox installed and from another ubuntu laptop where the QtSDK was installed, a VM with the latest stuff you could download in the past.
And I hope that some new people who would like to dig in to the development have an easier start and it doesn't matter if you on linux or windows.

In the end I migrated it to debian squeeze for the QtSDK.
With following included:

scratchbox tagets:
FREMANTLE_ARMEL
FREMANTLE_ARMEL_GCC472
FREMANTLE_X86
HARMATTAN_ARMEL
HARMATTAN_X86

QtSDK targets:
Harmattan PR1.0/PR1.1/PR1.2
Fremantle PR 1.3

It is maybe not perfect configured but I think it is a nice start.
I struggled all time with creating automatic dpkg packages so here is the chance to deal with it (manually it is working fine).

You need to change the dns server when you are in scratchbox by typing nano /etc/resolv.conf
and also from outside scratchbox /scratchbox/etc/resolv.conf

After packaging I try to upload it somewhere and will post it here.
After download you need to load the image with virtualbox.
So people who are working with sailfish should know it.

One thing I recognized now sadly, as I saw the screenshot, debian is set to german so you need to manage it to get it to english. In the end nothing is for free.

...it is freaky huge still packing

Passwords for debian:

user: halftux
pw: maemo_1

su: root
pw: supermaemo_123

Downloads(md5):

Torrent
Filehoster
Dropbox

Update source list.
Update virtualbox guest additions.
To make use of the GCC472 Target.
Attached Images

Last edited by Halftux; 2018-02-08 at 14:56. Reason: added torrent with more trackers

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: