View Single Post
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
@Estel
As I said before, I'm not epitaphish, it's totally okay, perhaps with our efforts we can further enhace the script.

Well then, the best way to figure our ways out is to create a script which monitors the CPU frequency while idle, and then observe the results. I assume most of the time, the CPU will sit on 0, maybe jump to 250 for some time, since the CPU usage with this patch applied is fairly low, 2 to 4 % as a max.

I will test this however. I am planning to fully charge my phone, unpatch it, then let it sit idle, and count the days that will pass by, then repeat the test with the patch applied, and see the results.

Just to point out, I made the patch very simply to load a KP profile when idle and another one while the device is active as a reply to GigaByte's request, but then I started collecting battery saving scripts scattered here and there into the script, so criticism and testing are certainly the top procedures to take for enhancing the script.
Hey ammyt, nice to hear that. Yea, it seemed to me that You're nice guy, so my post was rather aimed at "thread followers"

Anyway, a little note about titan's profiles and derivatives (like starving). It has long history of corrupting people filesystems in most sneaky way - You may not notice problems in even few weeks or months of use, then strange things begin happening - almost like "x-files" Most of the time, it's not possible to find source of problems or fix it, except whole reflash or restoration of rotfs+optfs, like with backupmenu. Ho ever, in every such case I've heard of, abandoning modified profiles "protected" device for getting into this problems again.

Also, just look at these profiles. On some frequencies, they seems *very* unbalanced. Voltage staying @ the same lvl for few frequency hop's in line, then, sudden of nothing, going higher by a not small factor.

Remember that voltage profiles should be "prepared" individually for every device, by trial and error + adjusted (up) a little just to be on safe side. So, proposing "ideal", "starving" or "xlv" for every user installing script is BAD idea.

Of course it's up to You, but I would suggest something like that as default profile:

Code:
# kernel configuration file generated by /usr/sbin/kernel-config
MINFREQ=500
MAXFREQ=900
FREQS="0:30,90 500:39,360 550:42,400 600:45,430 700:50,430 750:54,430 805:54,430 850:57,500 900:60,500 950:65,500 1000:68,500 1100:72,520 1150:72,520"
SMARTREFLEX_VDD1=0
SMARTREFLEX_VDD2=0
GOVERNOR=ondemand
IGNORE_NICE_LOAD=1
UP_THRESHOLD=90
SAMPLING_RATE=200000
POWERSAVE_BIAS=0
It is between Nokia stock voltage (correctly scaled for higher than default frequencies), and "ideal" settings with fixes = it's lower voltage than stock, but higher than risky titan's ones.

It *should* work great for every device, and then, every user - if she/he is willing to - may tweak it further to own liking.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-09-06 at 14:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: