View Single Post
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
@TheKit I don't care that much for stock OS so will replace that for SFOS or Lineage OS anyway. Any chance you will make it possible to flash stock with SFOS later?
But why to remove installed stock ROM on stock slot when you can use safe slot to install Sailfish OS without any affecting the performance (in opposite to virtual slots 1-4)?
On my Droid 4 I currently have stock ROM (in case of problems), CM11 (in the safe slot - as the main used OS at the moment) and Sailfish OS on virtual slot 1 (for testing it out).

EDIT:
As I can see currently the fixboot.sh file inside ramdisk.img in the base CM11 build does not allow to install Sailfish OS in the safe slot. It recognizes only stock and virtual slots 1-4.
@TheKit Is it possible to include such a possibility in the next build?
It may be done as described here: http://www.internauta37.altervista.o...install-webtop
In case of problems I have encountered when following that - the block size must be equal before and after modification. Otherwise the OS won't boot.

Last edited by mp107; 2017-03-11 at 11:19. Reason: Fixed typo, added info about safe slot

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post: