View Single Post
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Thanks qwazix for your VKB layout with arrow keys and idea to have different layouts for landscape and portrait modes!

I played around with the XML files and came up with a little different implementation of mine. See the screenshots and their descriptions below

1. English landscape layout of alphabetic characters with arrow keys and question, exclamation, apostrophe & quotation marks for fast writing of normal conversation without a need to go to the symbol page.

2. English landscape layout of symbol characters on a single page! Some more special characters can be found as "accent" characters by pressing the "base" character long. For example, by pressing long parenthesis "(", you can find brackets "[" and curly brackets "{".

3. Portrait layout is untouched.

4. Similar Finnish layout for Finnish users with "ä" and "ö" characters.

Notice also my custom shell toolbar with different landscape and portrait layouts. So arrow keys are provided on the toolbar in portrait mode whereas in landscape mode more special shell characters can be provided on it.

Keys are getting smallish and layout crowded, but that's the price at least I'm willing to pay for a more efficient VKB layout.

The XML files will be available on the next post! (Due to attachment limit.)
Attached Images

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kallela For This Useful Post: