View Single Post
I'm pleased to announce that Browser Switchboard 3.3-2fremantle2 has been promoted to Fremantle Extras. This release fixes one small bug regarding opening links in some applications, notably xterm; if you haven't upgraded yet, you're encouraged to do so.

I should note that lead times for getting packages into Fremantle Extras seem to be increasing exponentially (this release took 10 days short of a year to accumulate enough votes to have promotion unlocked; the last one took two months), which suggests that delivery of bugfixes to Fremantle Extras is going to become more and more unreliable.

As we're in maintenance mode at this point (I will attempt to fix reported bugs, and will accept patches, but do not intend to do further feature development), it should always be safe to use the current version from extras-testing or extras-devel (if you're not comfortable enabling those repositories, you can download a .deb from Garage which is bit-for-bit identical to the one you'd get from the repository -- there's a link to the latest one in the first post).