View Single Post
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
What is Shortcut Maker?

Shortcut Maker is an application for your N900 which creates shortcuts('.desktop' files) to sms, email, and instant calls for any body you want
(normally to use on your desktop to decrease key presses when contacting your most used contacts)

This is in devel and is a early release, as I learn more QT + Python it should get better with each release.

Features:

(1)make Sms shortcuts
(2)make Email shortcuts
(3)make Instant call shortcuts
(4)And delete them, lol
(to delete just input name as you entered it the first time and press the corresponding delete button, depending on which type of shortcut you want to delete)

Please let me know of any Bugs (it's know that some devices will ask for their root password, this is something I'm working on)

And of course any improvements you want made.
(I want GUI ideas as well as the current needs work)

Big Thanks to nicolai for his original scripts and remember to donate to him for all his hard work.

Edit: Added Command function, to create Cmd shortcuts for xterm just use 'name' input to name the shortcut and the 'Cmd' input for the command you want to execute, most commands should work. (just make sure your not beginning the command with a capital letter, but the name can be any thing really)

Last edited by Tiboric; 2011-03-02 at 11:16.

The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to Tiboric For This Useful Post: