View Single Post
Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
purge it..i too had batterypatch before..with kp50, the patch battery life improvement is not noticed and only messes with your device...in the wrong ways.
first : sp/bp has their own thread to discuss in

second : ed_boner ... if you can't seem to find batterylife improvement, then it doesn't mean that bp messes with your device
and throwing every problem to batterypatch or speedpatch is getting a habit around here ,right ?

Originally Posted by harry_e20000 View Post
i purged it, rebooted and still observing same inconsistencies in the kernel configurations
as harry reported here/ he removed batterypatch and still he's having the same problem .. he had before
so the problem isn't caused from bp

Originally Posted by reinob View Post

Batterypatch and/or speedpatch are the two most obvious candidates. While I'm not familiar with either of them (nor do I wish to be), I seriously doubt that apt-get remove or apt-get purge will actually remove them as the user would expect (at least speedpatch is/was known for messing up your .bashrc when uninstalled).
now reinob
as for speedpatch i admit that it had removing problems with .bashrc and .profile
however latest version was fixed.. also it's now in extras (stable one)

about batterypatch .. well why don't you make a simple test , i made plenty of them regarding to removing thingy

especially bp doesn't inject or modify already existed files,
it just adds new ones .. apt-get remove|purge ... will do the job

seriously am bored from throwing most of the problems on sp and bp
period

//edit again i say any further discussions ,MUST be continued at sp/bp thread

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to karam For This Useful Post: