View Single Post
Il give you £10+P&P for it?

There are 'ropey' service points in existance. I think the nokia service point is like a franchise. Or more like an NHS dentist. They do the work and NOKIA pays them. Some dodgey service centres will fix your phone whether it is in warrenty or not, they don't care they still get paid by NOKIA. (obviously the phone still has to be within the warrenty period.)

I stripped a screw on the back of my n900 and took it to such a service centre (think capital city of scotland). The guy went through all the official procedure and fixed it. I had no proof of purchase, I simply walked in and said 'fix my phone'.

So, find another service point and try again.

Actually the guy who fixed my phone used a torx screw instead of a PH screw to close the back and he left a peice of dirt on the rear of the LCD. While I was able to sort this, the service point 'gave' me a new slider and charged NOKIA.

I got a call from nokia about a month later asking me to rate the service centre, at first I was going to say he left dirt behind the LCD but then I was like 'nah, he was a total bro and fixed my dodgy *** phone for free' so I gave him a good rating.

Last edited by vi_; 2011-03-21 at 15:54.