View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Playing around with this, I have a few noob questions. What would be the best way to use Arch chroot from the SD card (ext4) on a Jolla C instead of /opt/easychroot/Arch? The latest release on Preflex's github repository says that one should unpack the .tar.gz file to /opt/easychroot/Arch/, but that eats way too much space on the Jolla C's root partition.

I see two solutions but I'm not sure which one is the worst (I'm sure none can be considered good, but waiting some feedback):

# A
- tar -xvf ArchRootfsFile.tar.gz /media/sdcard/XXX/easychroot/Arch/ (as nemo or as root by the way?)
- Alter ArchChroot.sh and DeskChroot.sh to use this path in all mount points instead of /opt/easychroot/Arch/
- mount -o remount,exec /media/sdcard/XXX
- pkexec chown root /usr/lib/sudo/sudoers.so and pkexec chown root /etc/sudoers (I don't know why but I got errors with these files, telling me that they must be owned by uid 0; maybe because I unpacked the .tar.gz file as nemo?)
- sh DeskChroot.sh 1268 720 startxfce4

This is what I tried. It worked (at least it launched a Xfce4 window but I did not try many things there), except from the above technicalities.

# B
(not tested and I don't know what I'm talking about, don't try if you don't know more than me!)
- tar -xvf ArchRootfsFile.tar.gz /media/sdcard/XXX/easychroot/Arch/ (as nemo or as root by the way?)
- mount /media/sdcard/XXX/easychroot/ /opt/easychroot/
- sh DeskChroot.sh 1268 720 startxfce4 (without altering the mounting points in Preflex's original DeskChroot.sh)
- Not sure if needed: mount -o remount,exec /media/sdcard/XXX
- Not sure if needed: pkexec chown root /usr/lib/sudo/sudoers.so and pkexec chown root /etc/sudoers

Would # B work, or would it eat my brain (and Jolla C's brain)? I have not tried it. I'm not even sure it would provide any benefit except from no need to alter the bash scripts from Preflex's github repository, I would probably still have the exec and uid 0 issues I had in # A I suppose?

Also, when I close the Xfce4 window and kill the xwayland processes with "pid=`ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep xw | awk '{print $2}'` && kill -9 $pid", I suppose everything is still mounted, and turns out I cannot launch any Sailfish application (the cover will show the loading animation, and eventually close) nor reboot. The phone can be turned off, but maybe not completely since I have to remove the battery to reboot it. Any ideas? I'm a bit lost and I may very well be playing with fire here, trying to do things I am not mastering.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2017-08-03 at 01:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: