View Single Post
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I have never respected the "original purpose" of troll threads. They've always been a place to goof around, trash talk, and make small talk.
Right on!

If a thread posts a simple question that received a simple answer or the consensus of the board is that the threads "original purpose" was counter productive, I concur.

This makes for some good entertainment. Especially when the OP and a first responder continue the argument...

>>Example<<

and

>>Example<<

I must admit I made an extra large bowl of popcorn and have enjoyed reading this thread...

I also found it educational and have now added useful terms like "Circle Jerk" to my vocabulary.

Keeping threads like this open also allows us to learn more about one another. For instance...

Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
I like pie.

Tim
and

Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
fun fact: i share my birthday with johnny appleseed!

(but he's not invited to my bday party [see tags])
I'm sure we are all better people for knowing these things.

One thing that I don't get in this whole discussion about talking boxes ("what the box said") and things that "just work" is : compared to what?

I mean, did the OP have a dream of some future device? Are his expectations the same that he has for his desktop computer or laptop? Is he comparing it to another device that may do some things better but can't do all the things a tablet can?

I think it is all relative to the task at hand.

If you use a gun to kill something you first have to first find the right size ammunition and load it correctly. A knife on the other hand... just works.

Last edited by YoDude; 2009-04-01 at 13:25. Reason: speeeeeelling

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post: