Active Topics

Hi, i have managed to get hold of some ipk files.. i have read and followed a guide to installing NFSUC and Sims3 but i have another 2 or 3 games to install, i have tried to do the same thing for those, but not managed to get them working, anyone care to help, they are all on the 'working' list of compatability on the N900 Preenv.

Sims3 installed and working
NFSUC installed and working
Lets Golf - get to stage to

chmod +rwx nfsuc
Press enter, then
desktopgen appinfo.json (file is not executable?? or something like that)
Press enter
Restart the Phone

HAWX - haven't tried yet

Tried to install hawx and it opens up, tries to load as in the little circle icon is turning at top of screen, then returns to desktop.. any idea's?

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
I'm sure these issues have been solved in this monster thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=64392

Takes a bit of searching/browsing but I'm sure the answers are there...

I am in the middle of nfsuc installation...
when i execute the below command, i am getting the below error
desktopgen appinfo.json

Error:
desktopgen: symbol lookup error: desktopgen: undefined symbol: json_node_get_node_type

I need help, how to overcome this error ?

just find the deb files for those games, google it theres quite a few, it makes shortcuts and all, all you'd need to do is set the permisisons and thats easy to so over ssh

Top marks to you Mikey, it's nice to see that you have been following the guide and having a go before posting

As m4r0v3r said, run a search for the .deb files and drop them in to Mydocs before executing them. That will help you loads

easy

Tags
prima donna, won't search