Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by martyk69uk View Post
I dont think i have modest?
The official name of the N900's e-mail app is "modest", but it is just shown as "E-mail" from the desktop.

But so far all sites have loaded ok. Yes i will try changing to Gmail. Could you perhaps advise me with the correct hotmail settings such as ports and POP3, SMTP so i can check it is all correct?
Hmm. When you create a new account, the setup wizard in modest should have picked the correct settings for you. You can take a look at the settings by choosing "Edit accounts" from the drop-down menu. I don't know what the exact settings for Hotmail would be, but I'm sure they can be found; if Gmail works, the odds are that the wizard did somehow choose the wrong settings for Hotmail.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Originally Posted by martyk69uk View Post
To register it through nokia messaging does that mean id go onto email.nokia.com to sync my hotmail with it or something?

Thanks guys!
Just register it on your N900
(open Email app, add new account, select Nokia Messaging, enter xxxxxxx@hotmail.com, password...and thats it)

You don't need browser unless you want to add more accounts to your Nokia Messaging.

Hi mate thanks so much for your help

All seems better now

The Following User Says Thank You to martyk69uk For This Useful Post:

Tags
modest, nokia n900