Active Topics

The only thing they would offer me is a "Connect Day" plan which is $15 for unlimited data, PER DAY. That's $450 per month!
Well, it appears that the reason they now allow you to do it is they can now rake you over the coals for money. Like I said, tethering is just another way the carriers are finding to rob their customers. It's really getting disgusting. What's worse is how many people are agreeing to be robbed!

Wow, you guys really get screwed over! I don't have many reasons to be happy i'm still stuck in the UK, but mobile phone plans (compared to the reaming you get) are one of my small pleasures.

Well, that's true not just of mobile phone plans, but also data plans as well. Our problem is that our government bowed to monopolists early on, and it's been a darned hard habit to break. Other countries have either long since broken out of that problem, or never had it in the first place. The only way we'll truly get out of the pricing woes we have is to break the monopolies and encourage true competition. Of course, corporate America will do anything to stop that, and has bought most of congress to ensure that the "gouge me" status quo never changes. *groan*

Tags
tethering