Active Topics

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
There is a dbus-command you can use to answer the phone, in fact I'm sure there is a script that offers lots of control of phone functions. If you combine the dbus command with shortcutd you can use the camera button to answer the phone.

'slide to answer' seems to have fixed this issue with my wifes n900..

Real solution to ALL N900 problems is to buy an Android Phone with physical keyboard. I did it and never needed to thoroughly read the android forum.
Donīt try to get juice out of a stone.
I will give it a try again when there is a mature version of Maemo o Meego.
Sincerelly do not waste your money and time. Those should be use for fun! Instead reading how to fix what shoud be well done from scratch.
Nokia made to many mistakes with phone paid with our pockets, the glory times of the Nokia 6600 or Nokia N95 is long gone.
Move forward
No hard feelings
Regards

dhcmega

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Some of us don't have N900 problems. Me, for example.

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by colm.smyth View Post

All joking aside is there no app that would allow the answering of calls by sliding out the keyboard or pushing the camera button ??

Thanks in advance
Try "Phone Speaker Switcher", it has an option "Long press camera button to answer/end call"

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
People that have problems with their n900 either have a bad unit, or don't know how to use it. Mostly the latter.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
People that have problems with their n900 either have a bad unit, or don't know how to use it. Mostly the latter.
Or they expect it to do something it just doesn't do. I just got hot new features on mine, with Oculo and a clipboard manager...

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Or they expect it to do something it just doesn't do. I just got hot new features on mine, with Oculo and a clipboard manager...
There's no doubt that this thing can be extended to do even more b*tchin' things, but I'm just talking about a generic PR 1.3 install. The only mod I do after that is alluded to in my signature.

The key to good phone functionality is setting

Turning control -> Display orientation to

Landscape

and unsetting

Turning control -> Launch by turning

There, problem solved. Move on.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Try "Phone Speaker Switcher", it has an option "Long press camera button to answer/end call"
Great little Settings Extras. Thanks for pointing this out. I installed it, and it works like a charm. I specifically like the slide right to answer, slide left to disconnect and the push the camera button to switch between speaker on / off or taskmanager vertical / horizontal. (very useful). Bonus long press on camera can answer / disconnect as well.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Tags
just shoot me, troll alert, troll bashing