Active Topics

Notices

Is there a progressive alarm app for N810?

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Southampton, UK
Can you be more specific as to how a progressive alarm clock works, the wikipedia entry highlights some of the issues it solves but does not brilliantly explain how.

It includes my sister's, which starts going be-be-be-beep every five seconds, and after 30 seconds gets to be-be-be-beep, and eventually works its way up to be-be-be-beep, by which time you are expected to be awake.

I dunno; mine starts with BEEP BEEP BEEP ... and it sometimes takes me 3 minutes to notice it's going off. I don't think a progressive one would help me in general, and I'm quite certain a quiet one like that wouldn't.

Notably, the linked article on sleep inertia suggests other (including less healthy) methods of dealing with sleep inertia: noise, activity, and (of course) caffeine.

I thought it was progressive. it gets louder and loudet

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Yea, it does get louder and louder.

2 Reasons I love hate the alarm on the N810:

Its so loud that I'm scared if I don't get up and turn it off, the whole house will wake up.

The stupid button to turn off the alarm is so small, that you really have to wake up to press it. If you have the matchbox hack to move around windows, its even harder!

hehe i agree on point two. but i guess it guarantees you will wake up instead of hitting snooze.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Tags
alarm, clock