Active Topics

Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
1.Liquid lenses!
2.Note 3 because it is a beast and I would like to have one for drawing.
3.Lumia 1520 because it is Note 3's competitor, camera is even better than Xperia Z1.
4.Canon 1D C because it is a DSLR that can shoot 4K video.
5.Jolla phone. Because I want one.

Last edited by Half-Life_4_Life; 2014-01-02 at 15:39. Reason: 1520!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
I was battling between Vaio Pro 13, Macbook Air and VAIO Duo 13 (haswell).
I was really close at getting Vaio Pro 13 for a very good student deal, but the build, trackpad and horrendous WiFi problems made me to go to Macbook Air. While I'm more of a PC and linux guy on desktop, macbooks trackpad and UI are near perfect for laptop use without touch screen.

VAIO Duo 13 seemed really interesting. Price was just a bit too much for me. Also solid clamshell design was better for me when typing is my main use.
So i decided to go for my first Mac(never though that would happen ).

15-inch: 2.3GHz
with Retina display
Specifications
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz
16GB 1600MHz memory
512GB PCIe-based flash storage 1
Intel Iris Pro Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
with 2GB GDDR5 memory
Built-in battery (8 hours)

The only thing that can stop me is the keyboard. Two questions: I'm getting it from Hong Kong. Do they have English keyboards over there?

Do apple have one year limited guarantee only in Hong Kong if its bought there or is it worldwide?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-01-02 at 17:13.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So i decided to go for my first Mac(never though that would happen:eek
*shivers* I suggest you buy it locally and get the 3yr warranty extension, you'll probably need it. Macs are pretty bad in my experience.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I didn't buy too mµch tech last year:

Nexus 7 3g (2012)
Marantz M-CR610
Jolla

Out of the box, for me it's the Marantz. DAB, Internet radio and Spotify integration has given me hours of joy.

That's not to put the Jolla down. I find it quite impressive, and it improves with every update/addition to the Jolla store. The tohd fix has brought the device forward in leaps and bounds, and gives you a real sense of security, knowing you can use it without fear of the battery dying.

The Nexus is a nice device, but the other 2 are in front for me. I just haven't engaged with it as much.

Crikey, I just remembered I bought a few other things, but my choices stand.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Seems that a Nokia is best device 2013

Originally Posted by xkkkx View Post
best device for some: Oppo find 5 or n1, for others BB10, for me Jolla
This guy knows what he's talking about. The Find5 was a shockingly good device for 2013 (unlimited data on AT&T with modern hardware and no BL lock, yes plz). N1 seemed a bit of a wonky design, cool ideas but I don't expect it to take off (it's too big).

Sucks they both run android but out the door but they do have a lot of rom options.

I'd love a Jolla but they gave the US the shaft on band support and I can mostly run sailfish on the N9 for now. Actually yeah it's almost totally out of contention for now due to their insistence on secrecy and the fact it's still a beta platform. Locking the BL and giving a dumb reason over Christmas helped me to nope my way out of that situation for now.

Still wanna give BB10 a whirl even though RIM's going down the crapper.

EDIT: someone should start a worst device thread

Last edited by joecool; 2014-01-02 at 21:06.

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
*shivers* I suggest you buy it locally and get the 3yr warranty extension, you'll probably need it. Macs are pretty bad in my experience.
**** Mac Bought IdeaPad Y510P 16GB for half the price . I would like to have bigger SSD disk so I can put the OS on it...but I figure I'll manage without SSD until next upgrade. Anyone have one of those? This SLI solution seems pretty ****ed up. Will be interesting

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-01-03 at 13:44.

Tags
bulks