Active Topics

Poll: Would you attend a local release party?
Poll Options
Would you attend a local release party?

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
potato: we could meet in the middle and I could bring some drunk rabies infested Toronto raccoons. Otherwise I think I'll party on my own once I actually get my hands on one.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Originally Posted by fredoll View Post
I wouldn't mind buying a maemo TShirt but I suppose I'd be alone in La Rochelle for partying ...

Fred
Too bad nokia didn't release earlier, I was there 1 month ago
Manger des huitres..

I'm in Munich and in south of France, but not at the same time

Ok; where do I claim me 200 kegs of Beer and meath for the Irish Release Party....,?

I'd be willing to host a party in Redmond, WA: I'd even supply beer and some kind of wings.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Toulouse, France
Originally Posted by fredoll View Post
alone in La Rochelle
Ordinarily, I'd be delighted to have an excuse to revisit La Rochelle but last Friday I went to Bordeaux for the day to catch a lunchtime concert by the Trio Mephista (http://www.sylviecourvoisier.com/projects.htm). Unfortunately, because the TGV was over an hour late, I missed the whole thing. I was so furious with SNCF that I couldn't even enjoy the rest of my afternoon in Bordeaux (and the train coming back was also late). Anyway, I'm afraid that's used up my quota of pointless excursions till at least February.

Originally Posted by BOFH View Post
Ok; where do I claim me 200 kegs of Beer and meath for the Irish Release Party....,?
For some reason I initially parsed that as "200 kgs of ..." and filled the blank in with potatoes :P

Which reminds me.. will probably do the Bloomington, IN release party in the one and only Irish pub in town. They do coddle, meath (spelled mead here -- Anglicized spelling?) and, for some odd reason, escargots..

Originally Posted by artkavanagh View Post
Unfortunately, because the TGV was over an hour late, I missed the whole thing. I was so furious with SNCF that I couldn't even enjoy the rest of my afternoon in Bordeaux (and the train coming back was also late).
Gah, and that was before the rail workers' strike officially begun, right? *sigh*

Originally Posted by aleksandyr View Post
I'd be willing to host a party in Redmond, WA: I'd even supply beer and some kind of wings.
So that's you, me and.. who's the third mystery host? BOFH?

aleks: hey, Newsvine (social news/journalism site) is based in Seattle. Perhaps they'll be interested in a mobile blogging device.

Originally Posted by hircus View Post
So that's you, me and.. who's the third mystery host? BOFH?

aleks: hey, Newsvine (social news/journalism site) is based in Seattle. Perhaps they'll be interested in a mobile blogging device.
Yeah, I'm the mystery host of Ireland.....