Active Topics

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by prasad.9985 View Post
hi

iam using the n810 internet tablet and i want to run my own application on it and while running it asks me to become root and unfortunately i forget the root password ..i mean something happen ....so.. for running my application i need to get the root password ..can u plz help me in getting that otherwise can u suggest me how to set a new root password......

regards
prasad.nsrs

I think you posted in the wrong thread on purpose cuz no one answered your question when it was in the right thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
is it possible to print from n810 in open office using easy debian and using usb host mode to connect a printer?

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Sigtuna, Sweden
There has been a lot of talk on printing...
I seem to remember that it boils down to :

A networked printer connected (USB?).
Cups installed (Penguinbait did this by working KDE/Koffice into his NIT), maybe also under Easy-Debian ?
An app. with a print command.

I don't think any printer manufacturer has yet compiled a driver for ARM-Linux. ??.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by KristianW View Post
I don't think any printer manufacturer has yet compiled a driver for ARM-Linux. ??.
Of the top of my head I seem to remember the "drivers" for cups are not architecture dependant, could anyone confirm this?

It has definitely been annoying not being able to print from the tablet. I can't tell you how many times I've needed to print coupons, emails or spreadsheets from my tablet and not being able to because there is no CUPS or print option --- whether I'm at home or a friend/ family's network. I think I will give PBs solution a try: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=78033

Then, I can only hope that someone will write an add-on for Mobile Firefox/ Fennec for printing.

Tags
print, printing