Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I've looked around, read parts of the threads on Cloning to SD cards, but didn't see this anywhere, I may have missed it.

I just got an N800, loving it so far. Followed the How-To on the Simplest Cloning to SD card. Cloned to a 2 gig card no problem (after upgrading to the latest Diablo).

I see that the card gets a swap partition put on it. Does the tablet use this automatically?

Should I extend virtual memory to the card (now the internal memory, not the SD card)?

I had the virtual memory extended, tried to install freeciv, it wouldn't install. Disabled the virtual memory, got freeciv to install. Now there isn't any space available for virtual memory.

Should I be worried about this?

I remember reading that no it is not necessary for virtual memory to be activated since the swap memory is available.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...&postcount=555

Last edited by migs; 2008-11-12 at 23:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to migs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
While you could use it if you wanted, it is not necessary as the swap partition is being used.

You can see the swap usage from xterm, just run "free"

free
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Thanks guys, I was just reading through the easy clone thread and found the answer as well.

Len