Active Topics

Notices

I keep getting the following error

"Error saving maps to disk - disk full?"

But there is plenty of space, and I even deleted an entire repository to ensure there was sufficient space. Any thoughts?

Sounds like you're saving as GDBM and it's hitting the file size limit. Same problem I'm having. IE, Maemo Mapper won't save as or use existing SQlite3 databases. Only legacy GDBM. I'm still working up a fix for that.

EDIT: Ok, I've got part of the problem solved. Apparently MM downloads some kind of list of repositories and it in turn has a hard coded reference to using GDBM with Google Street, and several others. Open Street, oddly enough, correctly uses the sqlite format. To fix this you have to add a new map repository, select sqlite for its format, and then add the url for whatever map repository you want to use. After that it does correctly generate a proper sqlite3 database. heh.

Last edited by Lord Raiden; 2009-07-22 at 16:34.

so for now, would it work to just delete the database and start over? an just use sqlite from the start?

FWIW, i thought i was using the sqlite, but I started out with the other.

UPDATE:

while i cant confirm the programming aspets, I did create a new database entrie which cleared the problem when using yahoo street maps.

However, one of the databases i am having problems with it the harborfinder navigatgion charts whch was originally created manually with sqlite.

Last edited by kebauc; 2009-07-22 at 16:59.

Solution is available in my previous post.