Posts: 80 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Philadelphia, PA
Clear(wire) is finally in Philadelphia!

If I buy an N810we, will the following apply:

1) Will I be able to connect to the Clear Wimax frequency with the N810?

2) Will I be able to make/receive Skype calls and/or Google Voice calls seeing as how (supposedly) 4G is everywhere in Philadelphia? I imagine this could replace a cellphone - or am I crazy?

I've never used WiMax before so if anyone with experience could chime in - I'd love to hear about it. Clear certainly represents their network as being 1 massive hotspot - but I wonder what the reality is like.

Thanks!

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by IWantToMarryTheN900 View Post
Clear(wire) is finally in Philadelphia!

If I buy an N810we, will the following apply:

1) Will I be able to connect to the Clear Wimax frequency with the N810?

2) Will I be able to make/receive Skype calls and/or Google Voice calls seeing as how (supposedly) 4G is everywhere in Philadelphia? I imagine this could replace a cellphone - or am I crazy?

I've never used WiMax before so if anyone with experience could chime in - I'd love to hear about it. Clear certainly represents their network as being 1 massive hotspot - but I wonder what the reality is like.

Thanks!
I had no problems using my N810 Wimax unit in the PHL airport the other day. I made some GV calls and surfed the net while I was talking.I have not tested the reliable of the connection while walking some distance.

I have a Xohm account in Maryland where I am not able to get a successful connection to the Xohm network but Xohm is waving the charges until they find and fix the problem in their network.

The Following User Says Thank You to heavyt For This Useful Post: