You can always write short shell scripts, I presume. Write a file with something like this

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/whateverthefilemanagerprogramiscalled /my/directory

put it in some directory that's in your path (/usr/bin, for example). Make it executable (chmod 755 <nomefile>), then it should be possible to add a shortcut to on the screen.

(disclaimer: I (still) do not own a n900)

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Widgets seem to be like applications running on the desktop screens, however, if you are on desktop 1 of 4, are widgets placed on desktops 2-4 running? Of course I expect a music player widget to be working, but others may not need to. Will these also keep running when you are using a full-blown application and slow down the performance?

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
The file manager can be opened via DBus (http://www.mail-archive.com/maemo-de.../msg20998.html - written by me as a response as to how it can be done; make the required modifications to use it with dbus-send yourself if you wish to try it out on the command line) but it hangs if you give it a path with characters it does not like which kinda makes this sort of widget pointless (unless you're really careful about the paths you want it to open...).
Hi,
sorry for the resume of this very old post, but i don't found an answer in any other part of the forum.

I try to use:
Code:
osso_rpc_run(osso_context, "com.nokia.osso_filemanager",
"/com/nokia/osso_filemanager", "com.nokia.osso_filemanager",
"open_folder", osso_retval,  DBUS_TYPE_STRING, (char*)path,
DBUS_TYPE_INVALID)
but i don't understand the exact mode of open a folder

Is possible an example of this script whit the path "/home/user/MyDocs" ?

Thank you so much

Originally Posted by dormant View Post
But surely this is something a developer could lash up in an evening?

I assume that a widget is just a shortcut to an executable and the desktop is a folder somewhere.

Is that like "a mans' man"?
sometimes I open my mouth and nothing comes out, sometimes stuff falls out and never stops, once in a while my mouths mouth opens and the world is confused :P