Notices

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Is there a way to increase the partition size utilizing free space without having to backup installed apps/data etc?
I don't think there's anything that you can on the device itself, but by connecting the device to a host PC via USB, you could probably use something like gparted in Linux, or a gparted live CD. Note that I've not tried this, so wait until someone has tried and written a tutorial first!

Also - I would expect it would be possible - if I were to install something like the SNES emulator, I would expect to be able to dump the ROMs on a SD card or the "MyDocs" area (which I'm guessing is a FAT32/NTFS partition so as to be able to seen when connected in Windows). Would this work?
Yes, I'm sure emulators will use MyDocs by default for ROM storage, and allow you to use SD cards, as that would be the only sensible thing to do. MyDocs is a FAT32 partition.

And I also second a step by step guide for those of us new to Linux... I haven't used Unix for many years now and my memory is hazy.
I'm sure there are plenty of general (non-Maemo-specific) Linux tutorials if you Google for them.