Notices

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
adblock plus is installed and I added the filter lists. but they are not updated so nothing is actually blocked

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Venlo-Blerick, The Netherlands
I just reinstalled adblock plus on pr 1.2 according to CarstenDutch's/HellFlyer's method, it works. thanks!

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
yup, my filters have updated now, too.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
2.Unfortunately XUL Popup menus does not work in MicroB, and we cannot get "Filters->Add Filter Subscription" menu Item.
Did anyone else notice that the menus started working in adblock plus 1.1.1?

You can now delete, modify, update..etc all via the little menu's on top. However they only seem to work if you not in fullscreen mode.

Don't remember if I tried this combo before, but happy I can add and delete filters easier than before.

cheers

x

Last edited by xman; 2010-08-11 at 17:57.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bulacan, Philippines
how do you guys right-click and manually remove unwanted ads from your pages? help please? thanks.

Originally Posted by Pressure View Post
how do you guys right-click and manually remove unwanted ads from your pages? help please? thanks.
Starting from off the screen on the left, drag your finger/stylus into the viewing area and you should get a mouse pointer which should then behave like a right click when you tap the screen.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
mine stopped working once i tried a different sim card, it was set to false in about:config. setting it back to true works

Thanks,
I removed all you said, did what is in the refered post and it works.
Life is easier now. Maybe somebody should remove the original adblock from repo?

Moreover - I found that the blocked sites are in plain text form here

/home/user/.mozilla/microb/adblockplus/patterns.ini

in my google-chrome (under linux) I am not able to find it, there is a file

$HOME/.config/google-chrome/Default/Local\ Storage/chrome-extension_gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom_0.local storage

that is sqlite3 db file and the operation on it is not straightforward.

Originally Posted by CarstenDutch View Post
This will work!

1. Uninstall the old adblock from app manager.
2. Delete everything in home/user/.mozila/microb/extensions
use ssh & winscp for easy acces.
3. Follow the steps in the linked url. http://browser.garage.maemo.org/news/12/

Tags
adblock plus, add-on, browser add-on, browsing, enhancement, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser, plug-in