Active Topics

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
I would welcome bears! My wife collects elephants, over 400 so far. When I asked her to stop, she started collecting lighthouses. Her largest is 4 feet high.
Dude, when I was a kid (back home in India) I loved and adored elephants specially the cute baby ones - and I mean the real deal - and I wanted an elephant as a pet once - imagine the horror of my parents.

You know in India they actually used to keep elephants as pets and show animals. Of course I would have to time travel back for that age.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Best Youtube ever!

The only video I have bookmarked in my n900.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
I've got my first teddy still. Was one of the first gifts that I got when I was born (as evidenced by the pic of me not long out of the womb that mom still shows off). I keep mine by my bed, its about the most comforting *thing* I own - and at the same time, I can see why others have tons more, they are friends with no backtalk, pets with no crap, and full of hugs when needed.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Did you know that in Helsinki there is a Teddy Bear Hospital http://www.nallet.fi/sairaala.htm

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
We have onr safe house identified in Cambrdige but it's a long way for little legs to get to Kathy down in the SW. I know they are good at organising impromtu picinics in the woods but they are becoming rarer. I therefore propose we identify suitable safe houses along the route for rest periods.

Today I have located what I believe a sutiable location in Milton Keynes. Anyone else?
Attached Images

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
haha fargus
those teddies must enjoy being in groups.
i wonder what they talk about when us humans arent around?

Make sure there are no furries about to abuse them. You've gotta think of the bears!
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My artist friend has an alternate take on the bears. She went thru years of her teddy bear art phase. Here is a sample, one of zillions:

12 O'Clock Rock

This might qualify as sick, but I liked it.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
My artist friend has an alternate take on the bears. She went thru years of her teddy bear art phase. Here is a sample, one of zillions:

12 O'Clock Rock

This might qualify as sick, but I liked it.
Thank goodness no-one was reading over my shoulder when I opend that! I could have spent all evening consoling the traumatised, and missed Strictly!

(I can't tell you the trouble I had when one of the electric companies made and advert featuring a washing machine a few years ago!)

There are several safe houses around the place. I know of one in Windsor, and I'm pretty sure there's one in Bath too.

Not that it's the time of year for long journeys on furry paws - r picnics in the woods either. It's weather for warm firesides and teddy stories.

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
kathy do you know that bears eat beets? Question. Whats the best type of bear?

Tags
joykillers unite, teddyfest