Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Note: some of the causes may be other than problems with the N900. Please share your experiences here.

So basically I flew over to Europe from North America. The good news is that 3G connections were picked up (in most cases). however I experienced some issues:

1. The device's clock didn't adjust itself to European local time even though automatic was selected in settings. I checked the gps, and the phone was aware where it was. Is it normal or did I miss a setting?
2. At Schipol airport of Amsterdam the "Free Public WiFi" could't be connected to but KPN hotspots (for fee service) worked fine. Had the same issue in Canada with public wifis.

That's it for now. Will report other things as I travel to countryside etc.

Issue two seems to be a known one. The work around is to simply go to settings and choose connections and do a scan and setup the free connection there. There is a thread on the problem including the bug # in the fremantle section
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
"Free Public WiFi"...
...often isn't.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
...often isn't.
Referring to "public Wifi".

Yes, I often see bogus WiFi listings at, for example, train stations. Don't hold it against the N900 without some kind of corroboration.

1. The device's clock didn't adjust itself to European local time even though automatic was selected in settings.
It's supposed to be getting its time from the carrier, not the GPS. Not sure why it didn't pick up the change, perhaps something to do with roaming?

thanks so much for reporting. please report more soon.

Note: some of the causes may be other than problems with the N900. Please share your experiences here.

So basically I flew over to Europe from North America. The good news is that 3G connections were picked up (in most cases). however I experienced some issues:

1. The device's clock didn't adjust itself to European local time even though automatic was selected in settings. I checked the gps, and the phone was aware where it was. Is it normal or did I miss a setting?
2. At Schipol airport of Amsterdam the "Free Public WiFi" could't be connected to but KPN hotspots (for fee service) worked fine. Had the same issue in Canada with public wifis.

That's it for now. Will report other things as I travel to countryside etc.
Schipol airport in amsterdam doesnt have 'FREE' wifi...they make you pay for it...I've tried on more than one occasion, when waiting there on a layover...

The Following User Says Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post: