Active Topics

Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
http://tah.openstreetmap.org/Tiles/tile/3/4/2.png

Can you load this from your phone with the browser?
Yes I can; it loads OK in the N900 browser when using 3G. But Maep still does not load anything in 3G mode.

I have verified that both OpenStreetMap I and II work for me in Maep when using a wifi connection. When I switch over to 3G Maep stops loading the maps. It does not seem to matter if I change the connection type while Maep is running or if I have shut it down before changing.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Anybody have a clue about how to enable Google Maps satellite view on Maep? Virtual Earth is ok, but Google's satellite imaginary is far more up to date.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by nashith View Post
Anybody have a clue about how to enable Google Maps satellite view on Maep? Virtual Earth is ok, but Google's satellite imaginary is far more up to date.
Google disabled 3rd party usage of their satellite images. Exactly that's the problem with those unfree services.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by AtomicEco View Post
Yes I can; it loads OK in the N900 browser when using 3G. But Maep still does not load anything in 3G mode.
What 3G service provider do you use? Do you all have problems with the same provider?

Does the search feature work for you at the same time?

Last edited by Master of Gizmo; 2010-01-27 at 17:05.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Brasov/Cluj, Romania
Is there any way to preload maps for a specified region ?

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by andrei1089 View Post
Is there any way to preload maps for a specified region ?
Maep is maybe the best application for basic navigation. I am just now in Antigua, and OVI maps are very basic, most streets missing. Also it doesnt work with the GPS receiver. Maep found the location and also could show it on the Open street maps. How ever, as I do not have a dataplan, I would like to download the maps beforehand. Where are the pictures (or vector files) stored? Is there a way to preload them without "walking" the path a home first.

Last edited by caco3; 2010-05-10 at 14:23.

Anyone know how to get he British Ordnance Survey maps through this as it available through bing (they bought multimap in the UK)

Ta, Killer app if this can be done!

Last edited by Westy; 2010-07-18 at 12:17.