Active Topics

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Just upgraded to PR1.1 (apt-get dist-upgrade) and now the device is rebooting everytime I press the task-switcher. Touching any of the desktops-shortcuts triggers a reboot. Anybody else having this problem?

I got this error during the upgrade but the upgrade continued and completed:
Code:
dpkg: error processing /home/user/MyDocs/apt-archive-cache/archives/libqt4-webkit_4.5.3~git20090723-0maemo6+0m5_armel.deb (--unpack):
 failed in buffer_write(fd) (9, ret=-1): backend dpkg-deb during `./usr/lib/libQtWebKit.so.4.5.3': No space left on device
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Not sure why it complained of lack of space. MyDocs was mostly empty.

Perhaps apt-get dist-upgrade is not the right option.

Can't see a way out other than a flash.

Last edited by archebyte; 2010-01-14 at 11:28. Reason: questioning dist-upgrade

Looks like it's complaining about rootfs free space

I used a folder in MyDocs for the downloaded packages (apt-get -o dir option) to avoid using the rootfs. The rest of the packages installed without complaining.

Flashed to 51.1. New start

Originally Posted by archebyte View Post
I used a folder in MyDocs for the downloaded packages (apt-get -o dir option) to avoid using the rootfs. The rest of the packages installed without complaining.
It doesn't matter where you saved it to though - the firmware update is applied to rootfs as this is where the fastest memory on the n900 exists and thus where the system itself exists... You should have freed up space on your root first...

Ahh well, flash would of course work!