Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
I seem to be fixed on mine.

Steps:
1. Backup
2. As root run 'fsck -a /dev/mmcblk0p2'
3. Reboot
4. Note that /dev/mmcblk0p2 is now mounted
5. Restore backup

Thanks for the assistance. I think it got corrupted when I dropped it one time.

Hello Guys

Once i had some issue with a partition, and i fixed it with the command dosfsck.

What is the difference between dosfsck and fsck ?

What should we use ... where ?

Having Extras-Devel and Extras-Testing enabled on your N900 can cause :

PMS, constipation, diarrhea and Menopause !!!

... and also can ...very rarely Brick your phone !

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
dosfsck will check FAT partitions. Just doing fsck will have it figure out what type of partition it's looking at and running the proper version (fsck.ext2, dosfsck or whatever else). Specifying the type may be needed if the partition is corrupted, though. dosfsck won't work on the ext3 filesystem that /dev/mmcblk0p2 is.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Suffolk, UK
Mine seems to have fixed itself now I'm home and out of the office! Maybe that place has the same effect on my phone as it does me in that neither of us want to work!!
Anyway, what I did out of boredom was to phone Vodafone to see if they have any other issues as I needed to call them anyway.
Apparently, they have loads of calls with this same issue and told me to try something....
...Now, I haven't done this, and I have been warned I would lose all contacts, texts, emails, installed programs etc. but NOT the latest firmware installed on the phone which is interesting as 1-1 shows in my application list!
Anyway, they told me to dial *#7370#
Anyone heard of this or tried it? Apparently, it will fix the issue! Hmm